Medior consultant Research and Development (R&D)
Do you want to make a difference, by developing new technologies for advanced treatment of wastewater? Do you want to help the water sector to become more sustainable by reusing water, recovering resources, and finding solutions to reduce the energy demand and carbon footprint? If so, we are looking for you!
What you do as a Medior consultant Research and Development (R&D)
The Research and Development team focusses on the development of new wastewater treatment technologies. Our main areas are, Climate and Energy, Water Reuse, and Resource Recovery. Within these areas you scout for new technologies and develop our own. You can make use of our in-house Technology Research Centre where you can do small-scale experiments before scale-up to pilot or demo scale. During the whole process of developing a new technology you work closely together with the Engineers, Business Developers, and other technical specialists within Royal HaskoningDHV, universities or other knowledge institutes.
You will be working within our R&D team, with the focus on Climate and Energy. The R&D team is part of the Advisory group Waste Water with more than 60 experts. Next to your research activities there is also the opportunity to work in projects together with our clients. You will be supervising BSc and MSc Students during their internships.
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent consultancy which integrates 140 years of engineering expertise with digital technologies and software solutions. Backed by expertise of almost 6,000 colleagues, we are helping organisations to transform strategy into action, data and technology into opportunities, and implementation into the practical steps that build resilient operations.
Our purpose is to Enhance Society Together through our people, expertise, partnerships and innovations. We combine our knowledge with our clients’ strengths to co-create solutions that are designed to enhance the lives of communities around the world. Globally we are solving complex challenges in the built environment through our engineering, design and consulting services, combined with software and technology products.
The Advisory Group Waste Water within the Business line Water and Maritime is market leader in the Netherlands when it comes to waste water treatment, polder, or sewage pumping stations. We are a consultancy company, but we have developed our own technologies for example Nereda®, Aquasuite®, Ephyra® and Kaumera. New developments often start with small-scale experiments in our own Technology Research Centre.
What you bring
We are looking for a researcher with broad knowledge and a practical mindset. Preferably you have experience in net-zero solutions, energy balances, and knowledge on CO2 footprint calculations. Of course, you have a background in Sanitary Engineering, Chemical engineering, or any other relevant study. Are you energetic, creative, curious, and always looking for opportunities instead of thinking in problems? Then apply!
To be successful in the role as Medior consultant Research and Development (R&D) you need to have the following accountabilities:
- You hold a Master’s degree, preferably a Ph.D. degree, in a relevant engineering or science area closely linked to waste water treatment.
- You have experience in developing net-zero solutions, making energy balances, and knowing CO2 footprint calculations.
- You are experienced in doing (practical) research, developing research plans, and analyzing data.
- You have 5-10 years of working experience.
- You are positive, energetic, creative, curious, and always looking for opportunities.
- Your written and spoken English is fluent, and you are willing to learn Dutch if this is not your mother tongue.
- You have a continuous drive to learn.
What we offer you
Next to developing the most challenging projects in the Netherlands, we also offer:
- Flexible working conditions/work-life balance (laptop and mobile telephone so that you can work wherever and whenever you want)
- 28 vacation days if working full-time
- A good salary package and pension via our own pension fund so that everything will be arranged when you retire
- Travel reimbursements and/or NS-business card
- Training and development possibilities (external and internal)
- Personal budget that you can use to buy extra vacation days or others. If you don’t feel like using it, you can also have it cashed out
- Bonuses on the basis of company profit
Over de organisatie
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Click on the apply button and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information, you can always contact Sigrid Scherrenberg, Associate director Waste Water, at email@example.com or Eva Sciarone, Lead Recruiter Water & Maritime, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.