What are you going to do?
The potential in the offshore wind market is growing in relation to the energy transition and Arcadis wants to strengthen it’s position in this field. We are looking for an medior or senior geotechnical expert, who primarily will be working office based in the Netherlands.
In your role as geotechnical expert, you will provide quality expert support and quality control for all the geotechnical aspects of the work, including preliminary feasibility studies, site investigations, interpretation and final design. The focus will be on the fixed foundation of wind turbines, but you are also able to participate in design teams for a wide range of geotechnical structures like jetties, quay walls and other maritime infrastructure.
Your day to day work can comprise:
- Contributing as an expert in setting up proposal including smart solutions and high quality added value
- Drafting Scope of Work for the geotechnical (survey) campaigns
- Review and evaluate proposals (e.g. project documentation; suitability vessels and equipment; equipment set up; project execution plan, geotechnical location plans), in some cases providing a second opinion
- Making conceptual and final design for different wind turbine foundations using relevant know-how, the state of the art equipmentand tools
- Implementing new methods for geotechnical interpretation and design
- Provide input to the integration of geotechnical data into Integrated Geological Models (2D/3D)
- Review geotechnical investigation and contractor design reports
- Evaluate construction aspects and constructability of a proposed foundation type
- Supervision of, depending on your level, junior and intermediate geotechnical colleagues
- Participating in expert meetings
- As a senior expert contribution to the Arcadis offshore energy strategy
Arcadis is currently involved in several initiatives associated with the renewable and green energy sector. Currently we are working on the IJmuiden Ver Wind Farm Zone and closing out expert support on the Ten noorden van de Waddeneilanden Wind Farm Zone. Arcadis supports the Dutch grid operator in permitting, routing and feasibility studies for the cables to connect offshore and onshore windparks to the grid. We have successfully collaborated on multiple projects with offshore contractors.
What do we ask?
We are looking for candidates with a master degree (or even a PhD) in offshore geotechnics, engineering geology, civil engineering or other relevant fields with at least 5 years (medior) and >7 years (senior) of experience and a track record with a minimum of 2-5 (medior) and >5 (senior) years in wind farm and/or offshore projects.
In particular we are looking for the following knowhow and skills:
- General soil conditions up to -60 meters below seabed in the Dutch/UK/Belgium North Sea and German Bight. Experience with interpretation of interlayered and overconsolidated soils.
- State of the art methods and equipment for in situ and laboratory testing (e.g. PCPTs; SCPTs; borehole sampling and vibrocores; seismic tests, MIC testing, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of cyclic laboratory testing and interpretation is considered beneficial
- Interpretation of results for wind turbine foundation and infield cable design purposes
- Application of state of the art design methods and design tools for wind turbine foundations and other offshore structures
- Compiling and reviewing ground models
You are a true team player and you are keen on developing young professionals to become experts. You have excellent English communication and presenting skills. You maintain client relationships in a natural way. You have the opportunity to work in a global team.
What do we offer?
Wherever you work, whatever you do, as an Arcadian you contribute to our mission: ‘Improving quality of life’. This mission is what connects and inspires us. We shape the future from different perspectives and build sustainable relationships. Together, we want to improve our world. With our five core values we build our Arcadian culture: People First, Integrity, Client Success, Collaboration and Sustainability. Characteristic for our culture are inclusiveness, diversity and corporate social responsibility. These subjects can be seen throughout our different activities.
Arcadis offers you a whole range of interesting internships and graduation projects, which content will be determined together with you. At Arcadis, we value flexibility, which means you’re free to rearrange the workhours and work locations of your work activities as you see fit.
You will also get to know your colleagues through participation of activities like those provided by: The Young Part, our young adult association. Many interns/graduate students grow into a junior position and they also receive benefits like monthly compensation. For more information on Arcadis, visit our website.
Over de organisatie
If you have questions, please contact Mr. Jeroen Galama, corporate recruiter, either over phone +31 (0)6 21655862 or over email email@example.com. You can apply by using the ‘Apply Now’-button on this page.