Simavi – Powerful women, healthy societies.
Consortium Programme Coordinator
(36 hours per week)
Are you knowledgeable and passionate about WASH systems and sustainability? Are you an outstanding networker and strategist? Can you connect the dots and offer leadership that allows others to transcend to greater results? Do you feel at home in an agile organisation? Then Simavi is looking for you!
WASH SDG Consortium
Simavi is the lead agency for the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Sustainable Development Goal (WASH SDG) Consortium, which addresses unsafe hygienic practices and limited access to safe water and sanitation that puts people’s health and livelihood at risk. The objective of the WASH SDG programme is to increase demand for improved WASH facilities and practices through improved behaviour change interventions; improve quality of service provision; and strengthening the WASH governance and institutional framework. We do this with the Consortium partners SNV and Plan International Netherlands as well as the other Dutch WASH Alliance International (WAI) partners and many in-country partners in the seven countries where the programme is implemented. Read more about the programme at https://wash-alliance.org/washsdg-programme/ .
Simavi is the host organisation for this position. We have just embarked on a new strategy that shifts from a ‘classic’ services-delivery approach to one that is based on solidarity and justice. Thus, contributing towards a collective, global agenda to obtain human rights to WASH specifically linked to gender equality. We envision a world in which all women and girls enjoy their human rights to water and sanitation, resulting in healthy and just societies. To achieve this, we collaborate with others addressing the power imbalances and inequalities at household, local, national and international level. Read more about our work at www.simavi.nl.
The Consortium Programme Coordinator is appointed by the Steering Committee consisting of Directors of Simavi, Plan International Netherlands and SNV. You will work closely with them and the technical committee, consisting of senior experts of each Consortium partner. Across the different Consortium partners, we implement 15 WASH-related sub-programmes in seven countries as well as a short-term COVID-19 response programme: WASH First. You work in close collaboration with the WASH First programme manager.
As Consortium Programme Coordinator, you connect the dots and are responsible for overall coordination, planning, reporting, learning and knowledge development. As Coordinator you also maintain the relation with our donor, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in particular the Department of Inclusive Green Growth. This involves both strategic and operational discussions. We are just finalising the Mid-Term Review and are looking for a new Coordinator who – despite the challenging COVID-situation – can take the very promising results to date to steer the programme to success in 2022 (and by that help to ensure the programme can be continued in 2023 and beyond).
Your result areas
- Fruitful collaboration between Consortium partners; maintaining effective relationship in adherence to partnership principles. You will be chair to the technical committee and secretary to the steering committee, as well as facilitate other ad hoc working groups (M&E, finance, etc.), as needed.
- Networking and relationship building with internal and external partners, first and foremost with the donor, but also within the wider WASH sector.
- Consortium-level planning, monitoring and evaluation; responsible for donor reporting.
- Global Learning & Knowledge Development. Disseminate relevant learnings among the Consortium and relevant third parties (e.g. researchers, international knowledge networks).
- Guidance and steering of projects financed through the programme’s Innovation Fund.
- Overall programme management, in close liaison with the programme and finance departments.
Our dream candidate
- Has an MSc degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant programme management (execution) experience, preferably in Africa and/or Asia.
- Is an inspiring leader, with good diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- Has extensive knowledge of the WASH sector.
- Is a natural networker and partnership builder.
- Has proven experience in the interface of leading and facilitating collaborative NGO structures.
- Proven experience of working with DGIS/IGG is an advantage.
- Can stand his/her/their ground and knows how to provide and receive feedback in a positive way.
- Can shows us an excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of the Dutch language is desirable.
- Has well-developed financial management and report writing
What do we offer?
The CPC reports to the steering committee and will be under contract of the lead agency, being Simavi. We offer you an exciting and challenging position in an international working environment. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (e.g. weekly online bootcamp or yoga sessions, agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 12 months for 36 hours per week with possible extension. The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 4,022.- and € 5,930.- gross per month on a fulltime basis of 36 hours per week. The position in the salary scale depends on the number of relevant years of working experience. Furthermore, part of our terms of employment are: 5 weeks’ vacation per year, 8% holiday allowance, mobile phone allowance, commuting allowance (as of >10 kilometres), a pension insurance and a disability insurance.
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 5-minutes walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk. At the moment we still largely work from home following the governmental regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we offer the possibility to work at the office with a maximum amount of people per day to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
Over de organisatie
The procedure consists of two interview rounds, a case study, an assessment, a reference check and a Certificate of Conduct.
How to apply?
Do you recognise yourself in the profile and do you want to contribute to Simavi’s mission and vision? Please upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) latest August 18th via this application link: https://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/en/job/197206/apply.
Do you have questions about this position? Please contact Ariette Brouwer (Managing Director at Simavi) via email@example.com.
Is this not your challenge? Support Simavi by sharing this vacancy with your network!
Simavi is an equal opportunity employer seeking a diverse work force.
Only applications that are uploaded via the application hyperlink will be processed. Commercial inquiries or job postings without our consent are not appreciated and accepted.
Because physical and emotional safety of children is crucial for Simavi, we do not accept any form of abuse. Child safeguarding is addressed in our recruitment and selection process.